FAST FIVE: Did Trump-Biden-Ukraine Drama Just Implode? WaPo Reports No "Quid Pro Quo" Offered During Phone Call
WaPo Reports No “Quid Pro Quo” Offered During Phone Call The latest 'smoking gun' Democrats have been clinging to in search of that ever-elusive Trump impeachment may have just imploded – after the Washington Post quietly reported on Friday evening that a July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky did not contain an explicit quid pro quo if Ukraine launched an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden's son as initially reported. While President Trump did reportedly “pressure the recently elected leader to more aggressively pursue” the investigation, “Trump did not raise the issue of American military and intelligence aid that had been pledged to Ukraine, indicating there was not an explicit quid pro quo in that call.” Of course, it has been reported that there were multiple calls – however one might think that the Washington Post's super high-level anonymous government source would have access to the others as well, and ostensibly would have leaked the most damaging information available. The call is part of a broader set of facts included in the whistleblower complaint that is at the center of a showdown between the executive branch and Congress, with officials in the Trump administration refusing to divulge any information about the substance of an Aug. 12 report to the inspector general of the US intelligence community.
Maguire has also turned to the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel for guidance on the matter, according to a senior administration official who said, “Those consultations are ongoing.
At no time has Pat Cipollone personally directed the DNI to withhold information from Congress.” -Washington Post Earlier Friday, President Trump downplayed 'whistleblowergate' as “ridiculous,” describing the whistleblower as “partisan” and reiterating that Biden should be investigated. “I'll tell you this, somebody ought to look into Joe Biden's statement where He talked about billions of dollars that he's not giving to a certain country unless a certain prosecutor is taken off the case.
And the fake news doesn't look into things like that, it's a disgrace,” Trump told reporters at the White House. The president then warned the press that they're completely wrong on this story, noting “”You've had a very bad week, and this will be better than all of 'em, this is another one.
pic.twitter.com/hqmqtmx2VW – Cuomo Prime Time (@CuomoPrimeTime) September 20, 2019 And now we find out that Trump never offered a quid pro quo, as initially reported. Tyler Durden Fri, 09/20/2019 – 17:45 Tags Politics.